Friday, March 11, 2011

Yesterday was my husband's and oldest son's birthday! I can't believe my son is 13. I officially have a teenager. Looking back today, it doesn't seem like he should be that old. I usually take this time to look back at his life. It's amazing that there are things I have already forgotten. Things that at the time I just knew I would never forget. I am so glad that I have taken pictures of things and tried to write some things down. Journaling is my downfall, but at least the pictures remind me of what I may have forgotten.

We had parent teacher conferences last night as well. He presented us a powerpoint presentation called "All About Me". I was wondering why I had to send all those pictures to school. It had different things on there such as what he likes to do, what he likes to eat, and even what clothes he likes to wear. I am hoping he will write all those things down for me again so that I can scrapbook it. Those are the things I want to remember about my kids at each age. They grow and change so quickly, and I know that even though I think I will remember everything about that moment, I know I won't. I don't want to forget a single thing. It's easy to remember to take pictures of events such as sports, music programs, and birthday parties. Just remember to keep taking pictures and writing down the everyday things as well. Those are the memories we don't want to forget!

No comments: